I am an environmental anthropologist who studies human-environment interactions, cross-cultural conservation practices, community response to natural hazards and the effects of climate change, and the links between culture, history, economics, environmental ethics and resource management. I am concerned with anthropological approaches to the study of environmental repair, the influence of anthropocentrism in the social sciences, and facilitating cooperative efforts between anthropologists and conservation groups. My research interests also include environmental education, anti-environmentalism, and the role of rural elite and cultural ideology in community-based conservation initiatives.
· Shoreman-Ouimet, E; Kopnina, H. 2015. Culture and Conservation: Beyond Anthropocentrism. London: Routledge
· Kopnina, H; Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (INVITED eds). 2015. Sustainability: Key Issues. London: Routledge
· Kopnina, H; Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (eds). 2013. Environmental Anthropology: Future Trends. London: Routledge
· Kopnina, H; Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (eds). 2011. Environmental Anthropology Today. London: Routledge
· Kopnina, H and Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (INVITED eds). Routledge Handbook of Environmental Anthropology. London: Routledge (anticipated date of publication 2016)
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
· Kopnina, H and Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (2016) Introduction to Environmental Anthropology, in Routledge Handbook of Environmental Anthropology. London: Routledge (anticipated date of publication Summer 2016)
· Shoreman-Ouimet, E. and Kopnina, H., (2015) Reconciling Ecological and Social Justice to Promote Biodiversity Conservation. Biological Conservation 184(2015): 320-326
· Kopnina, H; Shoreman-Ouimet, E. (2015) The Emergence and Development of Sustainability, in Helen Kopnina and Eleanor Shoreman-Ouimet, eds., Sustainability: Key Issues Environmental, London: Routledge
· Kopnina, H., and Shoreman-Ouimet, E., 2013. Introduction: Environmental Anthropology of Today and Tomorrow, In Environmental Anthropology: Future Trends. Edited by Helen Kopnina and Eleanor Shoreman-Ouimet. London: Routledge.
· Shoreman-Ouimet, E., 2011, Concessions and Conservation: A study of anti-environmentalism, Journal of Ecological Anthropology, 14(1): 52-66
· Shoreman-Ouimet, E. and Kopnina, H., 2011, Introduction: Environmental Anthropology of Yesterday and Today, In Environmental Anthropology Today. Edited by H Kopnina and E Shoreman-Ouimet. London: Routledge
· Shoreman-Ouimet, E., 2011, Middle Out Conservation: The Role of Elites in Rural American Conservation. In Environmental Anthropology Today. Edited by H Kopnina and E Shoreman- Ouimet. London: Routledge
· Shoreman, E., 2010. Muddy Waters: Water Conservation and Environmental Ethics in the Mississippi Delta. Anthropology News, January 2010
· Shoreman, E. and N. Haenn. 2009. Regulation, Collaboration and Conservation: Ecological Anthropology in the Mississippi Delta. Human Ecology
· Shoreman, E. 2007. Women, Rice, and Ritual. Sagar. University of Texas, Austin
· DeSilva, J., Shoreman, E., Maclatchy, L. 2006. A fossil Pan proximal femur from the Plio-Pleistocene of Southwestern Uganda. Journal of Human Evolution.
· Blom, D., Buikstra, J., Keng, L., Tomczak, P., Shoreman, E., and Stevens-Tuttle, D., 2004, Anemia and childhood mortality: Latitudinal patterning along the coast of pre-Columbian Peru. American Journal of Physical Anthropology