Lambda Alpha Anthropology Honors Society
The Department of Anthropology at the University of Connecticut hosts the Connecticut chapter of the Lambda Alpha Honors Society.
Students do not have to be Anthropology majors or minors to join the society but must have achieved the following:
1. must have completed 12 semester hours course work in anthropology;
2. have an anthropology G.P.A. of 3.0 and;
3. have a cumulative G.P.A. minimum of 2.5.
1. are admitted to the departmental graduate program, and
2. have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.25.
The Connecticut chapter engages in a variety of academic and social activities headlined by the annual Lambda Alpha Colloquium , where undergraduate and graduate students present their research in anthropology. Other activities include field trips to regional museums, archaeological excavations, flint knapping demonstrations, graduate school workshops and movie nights.
We are currently looking for officers for the 2015-2016 academic year. Please contact the Faculty Sponsor Dr. Alexia Smith (Alexia.Smith@uconn.edu) to learn how you can get involved.